Happy Holidays from The Esperanza Education Fund! Thanks to your support, we’ve had an amazing year. We invite you to read our annual report reviewing what we accomplished in 2011 and previewing what we aim to achieve in 2012. As you read the report (available here), we hope you will consider making a year-end tax-deductible contribution by clicking here:
Highlights of 2011 include:
- Reviewed more than 350 scholarship applications, interviewed 30 finalists, and awarded $115,000 in scholarships to 13 outstanding students.
- Organized a Career Day for 2009 and 2010 Scholars and a Scholars Orientation for 2011 Scholars.
- Matched 100% of new scholars with mentors in their fields of interest.
Raised $75,000 for the 2012 Esperanza Scholarship, including a $30,000 grant from the D.C. Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs.
- Launched a strategic plan for long-term growth and stability, including fostering new leaders and possibly expanding to New York City.
- Held a benefit concert and art exhibit at the Carnegie Institution with Taiwanese-American cellist Sophie Shao and Indian-American artist Delna Dastur.
To learn more, click here for our annual report or visit www.esperanzafund.org. To make a tax-deductible gift, visit www.esperanzafund.org/support. To join one of our committees, visit www.esperanzafund.org/support/#Volunteer.
Best wishes for the new year,
Chair, Board of Directors
The Esperanza Education Fund