Happy New Year from the Esperanza Education Fund! Thanks to your generous support, we’ve had an amazing year. We invite you to read our annual report reviewing what we accomplished in 2010 and previewing what we aim to achieve in 2011. As you read the report (available here), we hope you will consider making a year-end tax-deductible contribution by clicking here:
Highlights of 2010 include:
- Reviewed more than 250 scholarship applications, interviewed 30 finalists, and awarded $75,000 in scholarships to 11 outstanding students.
- Organized a Career Day for 2009 Scholars and matched 2010 Scholars with mentors in their fields of interest.
- Hosted a private dinner at the Peruvian Embassy for our top supporters.
- Received the Hugh A. Johnson, Jr. Memorial Prize from the Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia.
- Raised $100,000 for the 2011 Esperanza Scholarship, including a $40,000 grant from the D.C. Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs.
- Held a benefit concert and art exhibit at the Carnegie Institution with flamenco guitarist Grigory Goryachev and classical painter Teresa Oaxaca.
Best wishes for the new year,
Chair, Board of Directors
The Esperanza Education Fund